Tuesday, March 1, 2011

hibiscus lemonade


The time Jesse and I came to Austin right before we moved here, the only thing I had to drink the entire time was some variation of hibiscus tea/lemonade. So refreshing! Jesse had gotten me a whole bag of hibiscus tea and today, I made some lemonade.

Ingredients:
2 tea balls filled
3 lemons
1/2 cup raw sugar
grenadine
tea kettle filled with water

I basically just brewed two tea balls instead of one so that the flavor would be more concentrated. After it steeped for about 20 minutes (we were making lunch at the same time) I poured it into my desired pitcher. I added half a cup (plus a little more;)) of raw sugar then I cut three lemons in half and juiced them into a little lemon-juicer-jar thing and poured that into the tea. After a positive taste test, I added a splash of grenadine and poured it over ice and voila! Perfect spring beverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment